Howdy folks,
I have a friend in need of a rear wheel for his Sam Hillborne, the Velocity
synergy rim has a 6" section of flare that's noticible braking, as he
described it. I actually sold him this bike a few years back. He's in
Pittsburgh so if anyone in the area has something all the better. He's
currently considering having the wheel rebuilt with a new Velocity Atlas
rim but my suggestion was to look for a different rear wheel to get away
from the 6/7 speed freewheel on the original. At my guessing $80 for the
rim + $100 for the labor he's 2/3 of the way to the price of decent used
wheelsets I've bought in the past. He wants to set the Sam up as more of a
dedicated rando-ish build, so I also urged him to consider a dynamo front
wheel but now I'm just steering this away from what I beleive is a tight
grad school budget.

I think that covers it all.
Thanks
J in WV