Thanks for your comments on the drive train. I somehow missed the part
about the rear derailleur being a SunRace I thought it was one of the
Shimano variants that Riv carries. I'm a little disappointed by that since
I have always gravitated towards Shimano.  I thought the front derailleur
was the one they called the Skeleton Key. I was going to swap the front out
right away. Maybe now I'll keep both and see how I get along with them.