Ronny has a blog post about his Malocchio build and seems to really enjoy
it.
https://ronsbikesblog.com/2023/11/01/2052/

Compared to the Roadini, it's a fair bit lighter and the geometry is
certainly geared more towards spirited riding. I owned 2 Roadinis, one
larger size (gen 1) and a smaller size (gen 2)...I preferred the larger
size with a more upright riding position (w/ drop bars). It was an
exceptionally smooth ride, not necessarily quick, but very very smooth.
Later I tried the smaller size thinking I could build it up with bars lower
than the saddle and with some fatty 44mm tires. However,  I really didn't
enjoy the feeling of the longer chainstays, especially when climbing out of
the saddle, it just didn't feel like a road bike. I'd vote for the
Malocchio.

BUT, Ronny's also planning a collab with Beach Club to make a road bike
with a sloped top tube, mid reach brakes and light steel fork...which is
pretty much exactly what my new-to-me Waterford is. Makes for a perfect
road bike IMO.
https://ronsbikesblog.com/2023/12/18/beach-club-buzz/

But for something available now and more affordable, I don't think you
could go wrong with a Malocchio.