Thank you to everyone who replied with ideas/suggestions.

@Jeremy: The seat lug extends about a millimeter above the seat tube and
the seat tube is seated under a short lip at the top of the seat lug. For
now, the crack is isolated to the top of the lug.

@George: I am not the original owner. FWIW, when I purchased the frame from
the previous owner there was a correctly sized seatpost installed.

@Christian: I got in touch with Franklin Frames and had a helpful
conversation. From Franklin Frames (based on my description): the frame is
probably safe to ride given the location of the crack; the crack likely
won't grow once it reaches the point where the lug and tube are brazed
together (which it has); if the crack does grow it will likely occur
slowly, over the course of years; and fixing it would be easy and cheap
($25 or so) compared to the post-repair cosmetic costs.

@Keith: Christian's suggestion of Franklin Frames is within a four hour
drive and they were helpful over the phone. I had the same thought about
contacting someone at RBW and I received two quick replies after I reached
out. I shared the same pictures and description with them that I included
in my original post, here. Their recommendations were the same I got from
Franklin Frames: probably nothing to worry about and okay to continue
riding; keep an eye on the crack for any growth; if the crack grows,
contact a frame builder for what should be an easy fix.

Thanks again for all the thoughtful and helpful replies.

Logan

--
Logan Eiland
Doctoral Candidate, Teaching and Teacher Education