Joe, yes, she's also a pure friction shifter. I'm looking into how I can
increase the diameter of the barrel OR gain leverage on the ancient front
Derailer. And honestly folks, I get that these are ideal for "inside"
mounting to use both thumb and fingers to achieve the full swing of the
lever. If it were just me, would not be an issue. But her muscle memory is
brittle in that way.

- Andrew, Berkeley