I'm in the market for a set of M900 cantilevers.  Let me know if you want
me to liberate them

Also, it looks to me like you have the brakes installed backwards.  The
M900s were very cleverly designed by Shimano to be slightly different,
FRONT vs REAR.  The intent was for them to feel the same in your hand.  The
REAR has a longer run of cable and housing, so would naturally feel
squishier.  So, they designed the REAR caliper to have a little bit shorter
arms, and a corresponding slightly lower Mechanical Advantage.  That offset
the squishiness of the cable and housing run, and the MA demands for a rear
brake are lower anyway because it's much easier to lock up a rear brake.
The FRONT had longer arms and a higher MA to complement the stiffer feel
from a much shorter cable run.

You have the longer arms installed in back and the shorter ones in front.
At a glance you can tell them apart by the size of the hole in the arm.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA