Adam,

I meant to add that prices on digital micrometers seem to have gone down
over time. I replaced my old "analog" PITA micrometer on Amazon for
twenty-five bucks. I would not go for the cheapest though. I opted for one
with an auto "OFF" setting so you won't burn the battery out when you set
it down and forget it.

Paul Germain
Midlothian, Va.