+1 for the Ritchey Force stems; IME they clamp bars more immovably than
single-bolt Nitto stems possibly because of their wider clamps.

And +1 for using 25.4 mm steel stems with 26.0 bars. I used to regularly
install 26.4 ("point 4") mm Cinelli Giro d'Italias into Salsa and Tioga
mountain bike stems with 25.4 clamps in order to get them high enough on
low-stack mountain bikes and XO-1. I never had problems getting the bar's
curves around the wide, square clamps, or afterward while riding the
combination. I do think that, as I did later, Nitto Dirt Drop stems or
customs -- I had a couple made by Salsa -- are better.

And +1 for not prying wider a forged aluminum stem.