Cheers, all!

The stem is as short as they get - Crust BJ stem, which is 25mm length and
doesn't even have an extension tube. I tend to prefer a shorter reach and
even on the Hillborne I run a 5cm Tallux, despite the bike not being too
large at all. I like how it keeps me from being too much on the front wheel
during off-roading.

Indeed I have safety tabs on the front, will on the rear soon too - I did
have a stick jam situation before while on a very untrodden and remote
stretch of double track and I don't wish to repeat that harrowing situation
again. They are the Simworks 63mm fenders and underneath are 48mm
Ultradynamicos.  I don't really like knobby tires plus fenders generally
because all the "bzzzt" noise of pebbles going through the fender is
annoying, but these are good because they have a pretty solid center
section and widely spaced, shallow knobs on the side - they don't pick
stuff up like most knobbies. Plus they handle predictably both on and off
pavement