Platypus mixte.  I have the Betty Foy and use it for everything.  As Steve
can tell you, I think he likes his alot.  I'm in Charlotte and have a
Cheviot you can try.  It's the predecessor to the Platypus so it'd give you
an idea.  Everyone who tries the Cheviot says it's the most comfortable
bike they've ridden.  I ride mine daily and even if I'm under biking
sometimes, it's always up to the challenge.