Mitchell

You should email Will about your questions.  I had a similar idea about
going 126mm, but I imagine I would just machine down the end cap on my
lathe.  Running the numbers, they say that the center to flange distances
for 135mm are: 38.3mm and 21.8mm.  If we just lopped off 9mm from the left
to get to 126mm, that would shift the center over by 4.5mm, so the drive
side center to flange would become 17.3mm, and the non-drive-side center to
flange would be 42.8mm.  That's a pretty extreme imbalance.  17mm is not
uncommon with 11-speed hubs, but 42.8mm is massive and would mean the NDS
tension would be really low.  So, what I'd look for is to see if there's
room to take 2 or 3mm off the drive side end cap instead of taking it all
off the NDS.  If we could get those center to flange numbers to around 40mm
and 20mm, that would be something I could be more comfortable with.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA