If I listened to rivendell on what size stem to use it would quite a bit
longer. I opted fot a shorter stem and that works for me. Maybe you should
call Rivendell to see that the stem length was on the bike you ride, then
go down a smidge on a 60 to bring the bars closer. I think I use an 8cm
stem on my Hillborne, the folks at Riv suggested at least am 11. I know my
body. Good luck.