Can anyone confirm the seat post on their Heron Road is 27.2mm?

According to Sheldon Brown's database, all Heron's use a 27.2 post, but the
one I just tried to install wasn't going in at all. I rode by a shop and
their calipers gave 26.8-9 for both the seat tube and existing seat post.

The bike is fairly new to me, perhaps the seat tube got pinched at the top
at some point.