I’ve had so much fun putting the first 50 miles on my new bike. I love looking at it and wish I could see it when I’m riding it. The spokes do gleam in the sun as the wheels rotate, which thrills me. I don’t know anything, but it feels to me like my 700c wheels are faster than these 650b. I am not slow on them, but also I would never use this bike for a club ride if my other Platy was in the shop. Both bikes have Velocity Quills, set up tubeless, but the Racing Platy has 42mm Ultradynamicos and the My Little Platy has 48 mm Gravel Kings. Maybe these things are the real differences, I don’t know.

The bike is more compact and manageable but does not feel too small. I’m so grateful for my 81 cm PBH, which allows me the flexibility to ride both frame sizes. I have pretty heavy racks on the My Little Platy and yet the bike doesn’t feel THAT heavy. I bet it would feel light as a feather if I didn’t have fenders, racks, dyno and bags all over it.

The Silver shifters are taking some getting used to. One wingnut handle flops and the other stays in place. The shifting was like butter, but when I tightened the nut (hoping to stop the handle flapping) it made the lever difficult to move. So, I loosened it again and I’m having some ghost shifting. On my red bike, I have Microshift and I never miss a gear. I can hit it perfectly, every darn time. Hoping I get the hang of these shifters, because they come highly lauded.

The front end feels a bit shaky when I stand and pedal, another thing I don’t understand. These are Albatross bars and I have Billies on the others. Also, this bike has a front rack. Maybe that’s why.

At any rate, I have a lot to think about, fine tune and to learn. And I’m having such fun in the process.
Leah