> If VO can source one of the finest seat posts ever and sell it for
> $50, then perhaps there is hope for a new round of quills...even
> though the market is small.

I expect you will continue to see good builders like Bruce Gordon and
Curtlo and others continue to make brazed steel quills as long as
there is demand.

Sourcing a whole line of drop forged quill stems is a whole 'nother
animal - both versus the small shop quills and seat posts.  Tooling
and skill set is unique and costs a lot to get.  Nitto was there when
quills were the market and owing to quirks in the Japanese market
never went away.  Maybe Chris and his partners can track down a
serviceable set of tooling from Italy or something.

Otherwise, I just don't see someone spending tens of thousands of
dollars to start manufacturing something that is not going to sell in
numbers.  Especially with Nitto and the custom builders already
reaching a lot of the market.

Chris has pulled rabbits out of the hat before ...