You will have to make up your mind which is great or not so, but here
is a good set of links to UK bike shops:

http://www.middleburn.co.uk/dealers_uk.php

I have not had the chance to get there yet, but from the many cycle
touring blogs, riding the UK sounds to be quite a bit of fun.

Here is a link to the UK cycle union: http://ctc.org.uk/

The Ordinance Survey Maps are well regarded, arguably the best such
resource anywhere.  Not a surprise, really.  Mapping just seems the
kind of thing Brits get into:

http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/

Hope you guys have a great couple of years!