Interesting series of user reviews at Road Bike Review:
http://www.roadbikereview.com/mfr/rivendell-bicycle-works/commuter-bike/PRD_440118_6514crx.aspx

I noted the repeated praise of it's stability in turns; rather odd, no,
given the tendency to flop at low speeds uphills (unweighted rear except for
rack and unladen Packers)? Or do these traits somehow go hand in hand?

At any rate, it does carve corners nicely until you sit up and beg while you
twiddle a 31" gear up a steep hill. (I am so used to forcing fixed gears up
hills that perhaps I'm just unused to this sort of bike behavior.)

Perhaps -- just perhaps! -- my next bike will be a Sam Hill that can take
the 65 mm wide tires off of the Monocog yet ride decently with 40 mm tires.
And fit fenders. Hmmm: Schlumpf Mountain Drive for off roading and pass
hunting; add another wheelset with that new Shimano 8 sp hub for touring
.... Mmmmmm ....

Patrick "no damn' derailleurs" Moore

--
Patrick Moore