Here are some geometry comparisons of small touring bikes (Riv
Atlantis, Surly LHT, Soma Saga).    ETT = Effective Top Tube, SO =
standover in mm, STA = seat tube angle.

Make-and-size   ETT     SO      STA
Atlantis-47cm   520     712     72.5
LHT-46cm        515     724     74.5
LHT-42cm        505     703     75
Saga-47cm       517     714     74.5
Saga-44cm       502     701     75

In this chart, note the difference in the seat tube angle (STA) on the
Atlantis.  To get the same saddle position relative to the pedals,
you'd have to push the saddle back on the Surly and Soma bikes.  Every
degree of STA is worth a little over 10 mm of saddle position in a
bike of this size (use your high school trig -- exact calculation
depends on seat height).   The correction is about 20 mm for a 74.5
degree STA and 25 mm for a 75 degree STA.

So the equivalent ETT for the 46 cm LHT would be about 535 mm, and for
the 42 cm LHT it would be 530.  For the Soma Saga 47 cm the equivalent
ETT would be 537, and for the 44 cm Saga it would be 527.

Bottom line:  the Atlantis' stated ETT measurement is the longest of
the bunch, but because of the shallower seat tube angle, it has the
shortest reach.

Handlebar height and head tube angle also affect reach.  This issue is
addressed in more generality and detail here:
http://www.rivbike.com/article/bicycle_making/the_top_tube_ruse

Lisa

PS:  If the OP's friend's PBH is 670 mm, she won't be able to stand
over any of these bikes.  She may need a mixte, or a bike with 24"
wheels.