The B17 I got just over a year ago is the first Brooks saddle I've
ever had.  I encountered the tedious 'squeak' (creak) for many months,
applying various 'remedies' (Obenauf's on the underside of the
leather, getting some between the rear plate and leather, tightening
and loosening the tension bolt, lube the rails where they're clamped
by the seat post), all of which gave some temporary relief, but the
creak would eventually come back.  Somehow I'd forgotten the old rule
of thumb about lubing up the areas where metal contacts metal (aside
form the rails), especially where threaded (you know, like your crank
bolts and pedals and bearing cups and even your quill in the fork
tube).  I took some of Phil's Tenacious oil, took my saddle off for
ease of access, and made sure to douse the tension bolt threads, the
plate it threads into, and especially where that plate (the one the
tension bolt goes through, and this was my 'aha!' moment) wraps around
the front loop of the seat rails.  This is a pivot point where metal
rubs metal, and if your saddle is really tight, it rubs hard. If it's
tighter than that (it shouldn't be!) it won't move and thus won't rub
and thus will not squ(c)reak until the leather stretches and allows
for movement and the squ(c)reak comes back (and then many of us who do
not know better will tighten it again (this includes me) until it goes
away and comes back again and again and again.... luckily I only did
this a few times and did not ruin my saddle).  I chose the tenacious
oil over a heavier grease so it could penetrate better.  Chain oil
would penetrate, but might not be viscous enough to have a lasting
effect.  If you're a feather-weight, you might get a nano-meter of
movement as you mount or dismount, or if you aggressively pedal-bounce
in your seat.  We heavier riders will get a bit more movement (and
volume) than that.  My bike is now stealthy silent, but for the purr
of the chain and the coasting click of the freewheel.  I hope this
helps.

-Peter