Greetings,   I finally got my Bombadil going, I'm using a vintage
Deore RD-MT60
http://www.velobase.com/velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx?ID=3f73f16c-1a7e-46c5-ab73-f21755e71b08

The capacity is rated at 38t. I'm using a 24/36/48 and 13/32 FW for 43
total. The issue I'm having is when in the 24t ring, and either the 28
or 32t cog, the pulley wheels are too close to the cogs. When spinning
forward, I don't notice it, but if I spin the pedal backwards, the
pulleys make a grinding noise, as they are right up against the cogs.
I have the angle screw at the max, but it helped only slightly with
the 28t cog, but not the 32. My chain length is proper.

Having this wide of range of gearing is new to me, so my first
assumption is that I've exceeded the capacity of the RD.  If anyone
has an answer, I'd appreciate it.