Forgot to talk more about bar height and comfort. On my 3 road bikes, I like
a lowish bar position for various reasons: wind efficiency -- it's windy
here; power -- bending over gives noticeably more power; even comfort, since
the hooks provide a position that, at least for periods up to 15 minutes or
so is a comfortable alternative to hoods and flats; and I can ride in the
hooks for a good 30 minutes at a time with no problem; and all my riding on
these bikes -- fixed gears -- is short distance; no more than say 30 miles
at a stretch. But with the SH, the longer reach frame and the higher bar
allow me to ride in the hooks for a good hour or more at a time with similar
comfort, and the flats are a true sit up and beg postion; so better for the
longer distance riding I plan for this bike. But the higher bar may have the
handling "penalty" that I sense on the SH; perhaps I am simply getting used
to the feel of a higher bar.