Hi all,

I'm hoping to cannibalize some parts from an old bike, but have a
question about matching cranks with rear cassette (and derailleurs if
they matter).  The drivetrain in question is a Shimano Ultegra compact
double.  The parts are quite new and would be great on a different
frame, but the style of the cranks (carbon) would look pretty silly on
a country-ish bike.  My very basic research tells me that I don't have
many choices for a cheaper (>$200) set of cranks to match up with the
Shimano 10 speed cassette.  Hopefully I am wrong, thats why I've come
here.. can anyone help me understand compatibility between drivetrain
components?  I know this isn't riv specific, but I like the group and
trust the writers.

Thanks,
Adam