Precisely why I carry a chain tool (plus some extra links) always and
never depend on those goofy "quickee links". I predict your repair kit
will evolve soon. Thankfully you suffered no permanent
damage....right? By the way..... the past article in the Reader
regarding your lifestyle change was a true inspiration to me
personally.