I am doing fine, just sore and bruised [about to ride the Bleriot to
get a new chain for the Pug].

No, I saw nothing obvious on the chain -but it was quite dark and with
my h-bar light didn't notice much... and no inspecting it later as I
chucked the chain into a garbage can near the place of failure- so I
can't report any defects, etc.  Chain had to be worn though... I've
put a little over 12,400 miles on the Pug since Feb. of this year [and
the chain was well-used last year].

Pug does great in the sand, Patrick... just take the tire pressure
down to 4 or 5lbs PSI and go, go, go...

-Scott