I've considered this subject a few times recently. I am hoping to semi-
retire next year and relocate to smaller place near the ocean, perhaps
with only a one car garage. what bike or what few bikes would I choose
to do the riding Ilike to do. I would want a lightweight fast road
bike with 28mm tires, an allrounder that could handle 40mm tires, a
touring bike with racks, a bomber mountain bike with 2.2 knobbies and
a cheap urban bike that won't attack attention locked to a pole. I
also need to consider space for our tandem and wifes urban bike.

I can't see to get down to below 2. Maybe a 650B Hilsen with two
wheelsets and perhaps a Hunqapillar, Bombadil or Fargo would work.

On 2nd thought I better look for a two car garage.

~Mike~