I must save for one of those. I've been hassling myself trying to make
a 44/30 double for the Fargo without widening the Q any more than it
currently is (160) with the XD2 and the 113 mm Tange. I can't run the
44 and 30 in the inner positions because they then butt up against the
stay before they get half tight. On the outer positions, of course, I
can only go down to a 34.

The VBC would fit the frame with the existing 113 with room to spare
(only 121 mm across the stays at the 8" point) and I expect it will
also give me a lower Q.

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 11:32 AM, erik jensen <bicyclen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i took the hunqapillar out for a ride yesterday, and aside from coming down
> with some sort of flu out in the middle of briones, all was great. The 2.35"
> big apples roll over most anything, it was a bit crazy to find myself
> picking out the most difficult line for a change. quite a bit different than
> the 38mm slicks i've been using on the atlantis. they're heavy though, so i
> might look for something a bit skinnier just to help speed things up
> slightly. but as it is, the bike seems to beg you into trying to stop it and
> doesn't fail in the role.
> i love the "mordor feel" attribution, it certainly looks and feels the part.
> here's a build list:
> cockpit: bullmoose bars, paul thumbies, tektro levers.
> wheels: front, phil touring 36h mavic a719 -- rear, xtr 32h t517 (had both
> sitting around, hence the odd spoke imbalance, good enough though with large
> tires!)
> drivetrain: white industries wide range double (40x24), xt cassette (11-34),
> tiagra front + xt rear derailleurs
> brakes: front, paul components neo retro -- rear, empella froglegs
> nitto 83 seatpost, brooks.
> most all of this was used, which helped keep the cost down.
> patrick, the white industries crank has a variable bolt diameter--the inner
> ring mounts where it needs to along a continuous groove.
> again, thanks for all the positive comments. i'm flattered but i must insist
> that the real credit is due to those who crafted the frame and parts!
> looking forward to many rides!
> erik

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM