Wow, Great that you were able to try them.  I live in WA and tried to
find one in Seattle to try, but sadly there were none at the time so I
just trusted that it would be wonderful and it is.   Weird about the
52, very counterintuitive.  I am 5'3" also, making the 52 the largest
bike I have ridden (my road bike - not even close to a Riv) is
49cm...and the 52 Betty/Yves feels large to me, especially at first.
But its nice to know that the sizes are so versatile.  It is tons of
fun, and while a huge investment for me, is sooo worth it.   You will
love yours!!!!