A smaller HB bag holds less stuff, which is fine for shorter rides or
smaller people. Certainly not everyone needs a GB 28 but if you're
gonna go to the trouble of mounting a bag on a front rack and using a
decauler you might as well get something that's proportional to your
bike. Perhaps the VO bag is a good size for the OP's bike. I like that
GB makes 3 sizes of bags. They also make a "Klick Fit" model that
doesn't require a front rack although it does mount the bag higher up
as it attachs to the handlebars. Carradice has a similar version.

Yes, Peter White does sell GB products, as does Wallbike. I'm not sure
if Harris Cyclery does anymore, they used to. The other vendors are
fine, Mike Kone was just exceptionally friendly and easy to work with.

--mike