I'm wondering what folks in the North do for the Winter.

I've been riding rollers in the winters, but this year I'd like to get
out on the road or tail some. I thought of putting together a
sacrificial beater bike, but when you ride tall/long(62-63cm TT)
frames, such things are rare to non existent.

I sort of cringe at the thought of using my Bombadil on our local
roads as they are always covered in steel mill slag(black steel making
by-product) and calcium chloride, which is even worse than salt. It
sticks to everything like glue, and eats steel like mad. Fenders help,
but it's still a mess.

I do have a rails to trails Panhandle Trail somewhat nearby, but it
requires a vehicle to get to. If I got some Nokian studded tires, it
would be okay. Dead flat, but at least there are no chemicals on the
trail. I don't mind snow, rain or slush, but I really hate the
chemicals.

I have a long term goal to move somewhere I can ride year round
without ice and snow, but for now here I am.

What do you folks that live in the cold do for the winter?