From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
[mailto:rbw-owners-bu...@googlegroups.com]on Behalf Of bfd
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 1:33 PM
To: RBW Owners Bunch
Subject: [RBW] Re: Bike Life

On Oct 17, 9:11 pm, RoadieRyan <ryansub...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great Post Anne.  I had a ride in late September that my Carbon
> friends bailed on because of the threat, threat mind you not actual,
> of rain.  I shook my head and went out and had a wonderful ride with
> hardly a sprinkle.  I figured next time I get this response I would
> ask if it was really true that carbon melts in the rain?

Whoa, what's up with the carbon bashing. Have you ever consider that
most carbon bikes don't have room for fenders and that is probably the
reason your "friends" don't ride in the rain!

I have a carbon Calfee and love it. For any ride over 40 miles, that
is my go to bike to ride. Comfort, light, smooth and quiet.The only
down side is there isn't any room for fender, especially under the
carbon fork. Note, I've been caught out in the rain on my Calfee and
since it doesn't have fenders, you get pretty wet :)

So, I ended up getting a steel cross bike and putting fenders on it
for commuting and riding in the rain. Not as nice a ride as my carbon,
but for short rides and wet weather it works. Good Luck!