From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
[mailto:rbw-owners-bu...@googlegroups.com]on Behalf Of reynoldslugs
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2010 8:04 PM
To: RBW Owners Bunch
Subject: [RBW] New Roadeo pics

Just picked this up from the LBS.  Ordered this several months ago  - -
multiple communications with John, Grant, and Keven, and I cannot
speak highly enough of their patience, the quality of the work, the
quality of the paint, and my very, very high level of unspeakable joy
with this bike.

Sorry for the crummy photos - - I'm not much with a digital camera.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41563...@n06/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41563...@n06/sets/72157625159065507/

The color - - the new gunmetal/battleship grey rolled about by
Rivendell about a year ago - - is phenomenally mellow, beautiful.  I
have more than a few bicycles - - and none is more beautiful than this
little Nine Pound Hammer.

The build is much different, much more modern than most of my other
bikes, and certainly not a typical "Riv-ish" build, to the extent that
could be characterized.  But it is sweet, like ice cream and pie.
Here are the details:

Older Campagnolo Record 10 shifters,taken from a 10 year old Colnago
Masterlight, which is now hanging nude in the rafters
FSA triple, 24-38-48.  Inner rings are TA's. The mix of silver and
black actually looks ok.  From the same Colnago.
Salsa Bell Laps
Selle Anatomica for Clyde
Campagnolo ten speed 12-29 Record long cage derailleur and cassette
Easton carbon post from that Colnago
Mavic Aksiums - - sure, they're just out of a box, but I use and abuse
these happily on several other bikes
Schwalbe Kojaks - sticky pillows for the lusty Sonoma County roads.
Acorn Rollup donated by an Orange Paramount
Tektro Wide Mouth brakes, from RBW
Keos

Ride reports to follow.