Well put.  It did kind of go off course and I think I did some of the
steering.  My point was you do notice the weight difference.  And you notice
the comfort too.  Good position is worth it.  It's why so many people come
and go in our sport. They realize that, gasp, no, they aren't going to be
the one, the next Lance and decide all the hassle isn't worth it.  Even the
dedicated among us can't say we don't have some trouble getting out the door
for a winter ride, right? But a good position, a comfortable fit on the bike
(I'm 6'6" so we're in the same choir), kind of ensures we'll be back out
there.