And therein lies one of the secrets of the fashion industry: so much
of what is labeled "Dry Clean Only" is not; instead, the manufacturer
didn't want to see what the garment would hold up to, or thinks that
the label will add some cache.  I think my source on this tidbit is
_Fashion Victim_ by Michelle Lee.  I have had similar experience with
washing wool as Patrick.
-Daniel