Kelly,

I second the "I don't care how long they last if they ride this well"
philosophy.

Probably 20 years ago I had a set of cotton Vittoria's that gripped
well, rolled well and were comfortable.  They wore very quickly (down
to the cord in 2,000 miles) and pinch flatted every other ride, but I
really liked those tires.  Never was able to find another pair...worst
luck.

Angus