on 1/17/11 12:05 AM, cyclotourist at cyclotour...@gmail.com wrote:

Wax does zero good when there's moisture out.  Stick with the dino-product
until it dries up.

Yep.

My general (California) rule:
Wet conditions = wet lube
Dry conditions = dry lube

Also,  Sheldon mentions it too, but the tacky goop that is on the chain when
in the box works well under a variety of nasty conditions.  If I replace a
chain mid-August on a dusty trails destined bicycle, I might strip it, but
otherwise, I'll leave that in place until it needs lubrication.

Boeshield has been main winter additive (winter being the wet conditions
period for my location.)

- Jim

--
Jim Edgar
cyclofi...@earthlink.net

Cyclofiend Bicycle Photo Galleries - http://www.cyclofiend.com
Current Classics - Cross Bikes
Singlespeed - Working Bikes

"You must be the change you want to see in the world."
   Mahatma Gandhi