I second that......I have the 700 x 40's (38mm) and run them at about
65 psi. They seem to ride as nice as my 35mm wide Paselas did only
cushier. I also like the reflective strip. For me the 38 mm width
seems perfect for all around riding. While probably not as gnarly as
the older 700 x 47's I had on before, they seem tough enough.