There's a really long, shitty* hillclimb on the way home from my
work.    Yesterday, I barely made it-- despite having ultimately
shifted into the granny near the top and taking it easy at about 0.003
mph.      This afternoon, I launched up it like it was nuthin', middle
ring/cog front/back.     Same bike... basket up front, rear rack,
nokian studded tires.  Maybe it was the brisk air today?   Whatever it
was:   there are good days and there are bad days.

*(narrow road, dirty snowbanks making it even narrower, clusterf$#& of
impatient Yukigator drivers)