Be aware that this is the weekend that Newport Beach & Irvine, and
maybe Laguna Beach, have chosen to educate bicyclists and motorists on
the finer points of the vehicle code, especially situations where cars
& bikes have conflicts.  Stop signs, right on a red, etc.  You'll
probably be OK in the AM but vulnerable to education when you return
to Irvine.

Irvine PD is known to scan the internet for cycling events and club
rides, stationing ticket crews in target rich areas.  They've also got
motorcycles with stealth coating that seem to appear from nowhere.
Keep your eyes peeled and at least make it look good.

dougP