I purchased one and it cost $120 with shipping due to their 5th
anniversary sale and 20% off pricing. I plan to lace mine into my
current rim and think it will be fine. The Son has good seals and
durability plus its been proven. Its roughly double the price but may
not give double the miles. I waited months for a generator hub and
should have purchased one sooner. Now that its spring and daylight
savings time, I have less need for it but its a project building my
bike that just keeps on going. I figure I have 10 to 15 years of
cycling left so I don't think too much of the expense. Who knows, it
may be the only affordable transportation soon with our crazy economy
and resulting (potential) collapse of everything we know. Just get one
or the other and ride the beans out of it! You'll be safer for it and
your bike will become more of a vehicle and less of a toy for sunny
days only.