I will do my best to break this hub.

The most interesting thing so far, now that it's out of the plastic,
is that you can slide a cassette cog onto the splines, and then thread
a fixed-gear cog on after. No lockring, but I'm on record as eschewing
them, anyway.

Pictures are here: http://www.biketinker.com/2011/projects/sturmey-s3x-arrives/
And here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/philipwilliamson/sets/72157626185543293/

 Philip