Patrick:

That is nicely done, very tasteful.  Does your rack maker do this as a
regular part of his business or is he interested in doing customs?
The work looks beautiful.

I have a Nitto big rack on the back of the Atlantis.  While
functional, it does look look like a bridge, with the corner bracing &
generally rectangular look.  I've often mused on something simpler,
but need to support perhaps 30 lbs at the max.  Mass produced racks
seem to be at the extremes, designed either for a 10 lb trunk bag or
50 lbs touring load.

dougP