I feel your pain!!!! In NW CT it was 74 on Fri and yesterday about 30
deg cooler w/ a howling NW wind, which made the riding just suck
beyond all belief, but I never was that smart so I was right out there
in it.  Most of my ride are out/back or loops but still have out/back
sections.  So in the headwind (I'm 6'6") my natural barn-door physique
had me grinding out, making 400 watts, and being slower at the bottom
of a hill I had just descended than I was at the top, the epitome of
suffering.

Of course then on the last 10 +/- miles headed South and coming home,
I flew in the 53x12 even on most upgrades and felt like
Eddy/Greg/Lance et al on their best days.

Hey if it was easy.....