Beauty, no other. Or perhaps load suspension. (That is a weak joke.) The
rack is quite stiff and I will be using it for small loads (again, no more
than I could fit in a Camper with SQR, the latter having a limit  IIRC of 10
kg).

Matthew told me his goal was to make the rack look good even when it wasn't
carrying anything and I think he succeeded. The 10 mm tubing, again, is very
stiff -- no flex when I yank on it or shove down on it.

Personally I like a very direct aesthetic: my own choice would be HJ lugs
and straight forks, particularly for a fixed gear; but I am not complaining
about this rack (or my Rivs).

--
Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM