I had one of those fail, but not as quickly as yours. VO promptly sent me a
replacement, and I haven't had any trouble since then (about a year ago).

During that time, on another bike, a genuine Nitto cage broke. I checked with
Rivendell, and the said it was out of warranty.

Bike stuff breaks. Some manufacturers stand behind their stuff better than
others.

--Eric N
Sent from the iPad 2