I work for a shop.

We sell Trek, Cannondale, BH...lots of carbon. Lots of squishy bikes.

Being on the A.H.H I am the black sheep. Everyone thinks I'm loony. I
have not purchased anything from our shop besides tubes and tires for
probably 5 years. Nothin we sell really get my blood going, except...

One day a long time ago, little ol lady brings in a couple bikes that
"We purchased over 20 years ago and hung in the garage." She didnt
want them, and wanted something else. We took them in trade, hooked
her up on a new bike, and the bikes went on display in our store. One
was her small Centurion road bike, full DA. Minty mint condition. The
other was (assuming) her husbands 85? Rock Hopper. Again...minty mint.
Original tires even. I have drooled over the bike since, but felt a
strange "on the fence" pang about it. On one hand, I was happy to see
it displayed proudly and preserved instead of rusting away in a
backyard. On the other it irritated me that it was not be used.

I have been quite vocal over the years that if it was ever taken off
display to give me opportunity to buy it.

Today was that day. And the owner told me to just take it home!

I believe it's an 85 but need to research some more. It was hung in
our rafters, so it was tough to tell what exactly it had on it till it
came down today. Derailleurs are Shimano Deer Head, Mostly Shimano
components: Canti's and levers, Unishift thumb shifters, hubs and
pedals, Avocet Saddle, Specialized cranks, Bullmoose is not labeled,
but I believe Nitto was doing some stuff for the big S.

Anyway, I removed the dried out tires and threw on some fat IRC Duro
Metro slicks for the time being. I plan to pick up some skinwall MTB
tires, add a Brooks B-17, a big saddle bag, and hit the dirt!!

Here is a quick phone picture:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5104/5641499223_d5a5004395_b.jpg