On May 9, 11:22 pm, Erik <efrob...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  The wheel can still be removed without a wrench,
> which seems to be the major objective.

But if you want tool less wheel removal, use a wing nut,
simpler than a q/r with lips. You just tighten a wingnut, none
the extra complication of tighten some, then move this lever,
no the lever moved too easily, open the lever, tighten the nut,
close the lever again.

I use wing nuts on vintage bikes, they really are simpler
than a q/r encumbered by the lawyer lips.