Thanks for all the feedback.

I didn't like not seeing the drive-side, either.  I hope to get new
pics when the seller comes back next week.  He says the bike was his
father's who is getting too old to ride (which reminds me of this
story:
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/mar/14/local/la-me-long-beach-tricyclist-20110314),
but I understood his father to be the original owner.  I'm hoping to
speak to the dad so I can get a better history.  If the history is too
nebulous, I'll have to say no.

-Daniel

David, I'll let you know if I make it out your direction to see the
bike.  The other mark against this bike is moving across town at the
end of the month, so I don't know when I'll be out to see it.