Recently did a tour from Paso Robles to Solvang, and couldn't pass up
Mt Figueroa:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33786397@N03/sets/72157626664003365/

>From Solvang, it's a 46 mile loop out Happy Canyon, up Mt Figueora and
back down to Los Olivos and return to Solvang.  My buddy Norm's
computer keeps track of elevation gain & had 4,400' at the summit.
It's really high quality riding.  There is one stretch for a couple of
miles that's dirt but it's well maintained.  We were passed by a group
on carbon race bikes.  The lead guy caught me as I was puttering along
on the dirt and was quite friendly.  They had their own support car
following them.  The Atlantis with it's really low gearing was perfect
for the climbs and I wouldn't have wanted to do the descents without
great brakes.  We took about 5-1/2 hours to do it and the people at Dr
J's bike shop in Solvang quoted some sub 3 hour times for training
rides.

dougP