thanks Matt - i felt the same way .. was first "eh" about grey green instead of
brick red, but now that I see it I love it.

some additional pics added to: (highest numbered ones):
http://salamander.net/stage/SimpleOne/

with a couple closeups of the drive-train, all taken with a flash late last
night.

these are pretty narrow-Q cranks.. the only drawback in my book (that and I had
to hunt high and low for 170mm versions - everyone seemed to be out, so i
didn't buy the drivetrain en-toto but pieced it together from different online
vendors).  if the Q is an issue, figure i'll add some 20mm kneesavers.. think
it's arround 160 now (w 113mm BB).  and i'll also be adding some Bruce Gordon
stainless clips to those pedals too - w/o any clips these WI platforms hang
upside down, which isn't optimal.

ride photos may have to wait a few days - still have the brakes to do, and my
hands are pretty beat from wrestling with the chain yesterday (had never broken
one before - took a while to figure out how to do it properly).

will prob get the cantis hung tonight, and the brake cabling run tomorrow..
so action shots either later monday or prob wednesday :)
(i teach all day Tuesdays; no time for riding that day).

and still have bar wrap, a bar end mirror, and tubus Logo rack to slap on.
will prob be another week or more before all the lagging parts (rack, mirror,
bell, toeclips) have arrived and are in place.

best,
andrew