"I've lost
a lot of power and speed, and this year feel a drop in endurance, but
as long as I don't look at a bike computer too much, my happiness per
mile hasn't trailed off."

Yep, I had a computer on all six of my bikes but when I reached 65
years of age all the computers were remove. I enjoy cycling as much as
ever.